Representative Brad Witt is working hard to improve the everyday lives of his constituents and Oregonians across our state.
Since the last election, Brad has passed legislation that: improves Veterans’ access to educational opportunities; protects seniors from reverse mortgage scams, enhances safety for after-hours workers, and educates young people in the high paying trade jobs of the future. Here is some more information about recent accomplishments, and what Brad will do in his next term:
Good Jobs and a Healthy Environment
Brad supports good jobs, a healthy economy, and decent housing that is affordable. He believes sustainable use of resources and conservation are, and must be, compatible. As a lifelong sportsman, Brad believes in the importance of our natural heritage and traditions.
- Workforce development and community investments to create and maintain good, family-wage jobs
- Safeguarded our state’s air and water quality through Cleaner Air Oregon and streamside protections
- Expanded mentored youth hunting and incentives to turn in poachers
- Agricultural land will remain in food production with the Oregon Agricultural Heritage Program
Protecting People and Communities
Brad Witt is working to making Oregon a better place for everyone. He has always made working people his priority. He has taken steps to protect vulnerable communities and is never too busy to hear concerns from constituents. Brad is committed to continuing to fight for the rights and benefits of veterans who have sacrificed so much for our nation.
- Strong funding for education and public safety
- Honored veterans and police officers and their families with improved access to educational benefits
- Protected senior citizens from reverse mortgage scams
- Increased healthcare coverage for all Oregonians
- Proactive planning for natural and man-made disasters
- Secured local, state, and private funding to rebuild Vernonia Schools
Brad is asking for your vote to continue working on the issues affecting our communities:
Oregon ranks near the bottom of all 50 states for high school graduation rates. We need to change that. Brad is committed to enhancing education funding so that all Oregon students are ready to compete globally.
Brad worked to expand Medicaid and ensure all kids in Oregon have access to healthcare. He will not stop working until all Oregonians have access to decent and affordable healthcare. No matter how Oregonians access healthcare coverage, they should be able to afford to see a doctor when they get sick and access healthcare services near where they live.
Brad knows that many people are unable to find decent housing near their workplaces that is affordable. Brad is committed to leveraging state resources and finding creative solutions to provide appropriate housing for our workforce and their families in all our communities.